Insurances & Terms
Terms & Conditions
The parties to this contract (made up of the ‘Booking form’, ‘Veterinary release form’ and ‘Terms and conditions’) are: the Pet Owner, hereinafter referred to as ‘the Owner’, and Jacqui’s dog walks & pet care, hereinafter referred to as ‘JDW&PC’. Any reference to dogs or pets in this contract shall refer to those specified on the Booking form.
- These are the Terms and Conditions on which JDW&PC provide our services to you. By requesting any of our services, the Owner agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- JDW&PC undertakes to perform the agreed services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner.
- The Owner is responsible for ensuring that all information provided to JDW&PC is accurate and for informing JDW&PC immediately if any information changes.
- JDW&PC will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this contract and will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce policies.
- The Owner is responsible for providing all required items (food, litter, bedding, muzzles, etc.). Towels should be provided if you wish for your dog to be wiped down at the end of a walk, especially in adverse weather.
- The Owner must ensure their dog(s) is microchipped and provided with a well-fitting collar or harness, a lead and wear a tag with the Owner’s telephone number engraved upon it. JDW&PC will be equipped with disposable waste bags.
- In the event that JDW&PC needs to purchase additional items (for example: food, litter, cleaning supplies or other necessary items that contribute to the health and wellbeing of the pet), JDW&PC will purchase these, retain a receipt and the Owner agrees to reimburse JDW&PC for these costs.
- The Owner is responsible for providing any keys required and authorises JDW&PC entry to the property or otherwise arranges access to the pet, for the agreed service; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service, which must be paid for in full by the Owner.
- JDW&PC will keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information of the Owner and return same to the Owner at the end of the contract period or immediately upon demand.
- JDW&PC will be permitted half hour flexibility either side of the agreed service time to cover unforeseen situations.
- Dogs will only be let off the lead if the ‘Off the lead consent’ has been completed ‘Yes’; but this still remains at the discretion of JDW&PC. The Owner is liable for any damage or injury to any person or their property caused by the Owner’s dog(s) in such situations.
- The Owner will notify JDW&PC immediately if they become aware of any aggressive or dangerous behaviour from their pet that may have the potential to cause harm to any other pet or person; JDW&PC reserves the right to terminate any such contract with immediate effect.
- The Owner agrees to take necessary measures to ensure their pet is free of contagious, infectious or otherwise communicable diseases. The Owner further agrees to notify JDW&PC immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their pet has been exposed to or is affected by, such as, but not limited to: distemper, hepatitis, kennel cough, parvovirus, Lyme disease, coronavirus, feline leukaemia virus, myxomatosis, worms, fleas, skin disease and intestinal parasites. It is at the Owner’s discretion and risk if their pet is not appropriately vaccinated but JDW&PC reserves the right to refuse service until a condition is resolved or current vaccination proof is provided.
- If JDW&PC is bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease from the Owner’s pet, the Owner shall be responsible for payment of all costs and losses incurred by JDW&PC, including, but not limited to, the payment of medical treatment and subsequent care, legal costs, loss of earnings and other consequential losses.
- The Owner must notify JDW&PC if their dog is in season during a booking period.
- JDW&PC will follow instructions to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result.
- In adverse weather conditions JDW&PC will make every effort to continue normal service but will notify the Owner in cases where the pet cannot be reached. JDW&PC reserves the right to reduce the duration of a walk where the animal’s welfare may be at risk, but will notify the Owner in such situations.
- In an emergency, JDW&PC will contact the Owner at the number(s) provided to confirm the Owner’s choice of action. If the Owner and their emergency contact cannot be reached JDW&PC is authorised to seek veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary. Where possible contact will be via the Owner’s listed vet, but any alternative registered vet may be used in an emergency. The Owner agrees to pay all such costs for any treatment and associated costs (e.g. call-out charges or transportation) immediately upon pick-up of their pet or by agreement with the vet.
- JDW&PC will invoice the Owner in arrears every fortnight or as agreed. Payment should be made by cash, cheque or online bank transfer within seven days of the invoice date. After this time, interest may be charged.
- The Owner may cancel a booking and, provided a minimum of 24-hours notice is given to JDW&PC, there will be no charge. Cancellation within 24 hours of the service commencing will be charged at the full rate. JDW&PC may need to cancel a booking in exceptional circumstances and will give a minimum of 24-hours notice wherever possible.
- Services undertaken on bank holidays will be charged at double rate.
- JDW&PC will take every possible care of each pet and, unless negligent, cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury or death of the pet whilst it is in JDW&PC’s care.
- JDW&PC agrees to take adequate steps to ensure the Owner’s home is safe and secure and, unless negligent, cannot be held responsible for a breach of security or loss of or damage to the Owner’s property or its contents.
- JDW&PC agrees to have in place valid public liability insurance.
- The Owner consents to their pet being photographed, videotaped and/or used in any media or advertising by JDW&PC without prior approval. All such media will remain the property of JDW&PC. Please inform JDW&PC in writing if you do not grant your consent for this.
- No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed in writing by JDW&PC.
- This contract shall terminate when either party gives a minimum of seven days written notice of termination.
By signing the booking form you confirm that you have read and agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions and you are aware that any violation of the aforementioned terms will be considered a breach of contract.
- Fully insured with Pet Business Insurance
- DBS (criminal record) checked
- Dog walking and pet sitting Diploma
- Pet first aid certificate